Thursday, December 07, 2006

DID PETER JACKSON KNOW ABOUT THIS CHICK?

So, my father-in-law sends me this clip from some Star Search-type show and I'm thinking, "Hmmm, David Hasselhoff, not a good sign."

Still, the young woman with the bow is attractive and... HOLY COW that is too cool. Why this woman didn't appear in the Lord Of The Rings as Aragorn's kickass little cousin is beyond me. She's way hotter than Liv Tyler.

I guess she can always get a gig shooting clowns at Cirque de Soleil.




Then I discovered this clip. Clearly I missed the National Geographic Special about tribes of hot women who hunt with their feet.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She was born in Muldova, and I betcha she trained in a Russian circus.

I've spent some years hanging around Russian circus people. They're daring, trusting, wild and fun people. Russian circuses are amazing.

Once you've seen it once, you're liberated. The next time you go to the circus, you'll enjoy an entire evening of cunning stunts, and you won't ever again be disturbed by that "hope she doesn't drop the baton" feeling.

Circus people seemingly don't make mistakes. They're usually born into the circus, and they're like a tribal community, totally (and literally) supporting each other.

In a way, they're members of a real commune. Really, 'tribe' is a better word. When I think of how Daniel Quinn describes tribalism, it sounds unrealistically idealistic, but meeting real people who are members of a tribe is pretty inspiring.

She has to be one of them tribal folk, she hits the bullseye every time.

Jeff Meyers said...

Good observations. Circuses are an interesting subculture and society. Nate and I arrived early when the circus came to town and we decided to poke around back and watch them feed the animals. You could see that they lived in their own microcosm --a place out of step with the rest of the world.

Which reminds me of the HBO series Carnival. Great show. And they masterfully capture the insularity of carny society. If you haven't seen it, try to find a copy. Unique, unsettling and compelling.