Friday, December 08, 2006


ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER STATUE

Some days don't you just feel a little like this? Maybe it's because I have kids. Don't get me wrong, they are incalculably wonderful additions to my life. However, their neverending needs do have a habit of erasing me from my own existence.

Is it me, or do Czech artists seem to have an uncanny ability to express existential dread? Big surprise that this statue can be found in Prague and is inspired by mirth-master Franz Kafka.

Lately I've been buried upto my neck in writing assignments. I can't tell you how deeply I wish I had more time to work on my own stuff. I'm glad that I actually earn a modest living working with words... but the truth is, work is work. While there's an undeniable satisfaction in honing my craft, I desperately need more time for indulgent creativity. Otherwise I might as well be flipping burgers...

...well, no, not really. After all, Burger King ain't gonna let me man the fryer in my pj's. Still, I gotta find some time for my own stuff soon!



"Life isn't long enough for love and art."
-W. Somerset Maugham
  1. Sometimes you can judge a book by it's cover. My personal fave is "Best Friends."
  2. Yet another brilliant Xmas gift idea. I want one now!
  3. Internet double feature: Sexual Consent. Movie #1 and Movie #2.
  4. Here's a chance to show everyone just how old you really are.... The National Toy Museum. How many of these did you have as a kid?
  5. And in the beginning Walt said let their be rides. And there were rides. And it was good.


No comments: