Wednesday, November 15, 2006

QUICK HIT

Today's busy, busy busy, so I offer up a trio of videos for your entertainment and enlightenment.

1- The first is probably one of the best animated pieces I've seen on the web in a while. It's not that the CG is mind blowing but rather that the story is so incredibly bittersweet. It's amazing how much this sad but joyful little film got under my skin.





2- This amusing faux commercial is for the ultimate cell phone. Who knew the Poles could be so funny?




3- And finally, in a place between madness and desire, one man provides the voice for hundreds of films. That man is Don LaFontaine. [link]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poles can be pretty funny (or at least they can think that they are being pretty funny) judging from my Mom's side of the family. I don't think that this is from Poland though. The language doesn't sound Polish. It sounds more like Dutch or something.

Jeff Meyers said...

Yeah, I wondered about that. I just assumed it was Polish because the guy who posted it to You Tube was a Pole. But the language sounded kinda wrong to me too. Plus the old lady in the first shot looked kinda Dutch.