Monday, November 20, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace before the concert and the opera, and grace before the play and pantomime, and grace before I open a book, and grace before sketching, painting, swimming, fencing, boxing, walking, playing, dancing and grace before I dip the pen in the ink. "
~G.K. Chesterton

1. Need to create the ultimate family slideshow? Check out this awesomely nifty freeware. The hitch? You gotta share with the worldwide web. [fliptrack link]

2. A truly worthy cause: Ukes For The Troops.

3. If you're a female be glad you didn't make the list.

4. Inspire! Focus! Insult! The ultimate Christmas / Channukah / Kwanzaa gift -- make your own motivational poster.


5. Beware the Phantom Paw! (thnx Jeff Sherwood)


Mark Twain once said, " Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." Inspired by that thought, I thought I'd wax poetic on the multitude of things I'm grateful for. It was bound to be ironic. Instead, I decided to distill things down to the basics. Inevitably, I arrived at a list of cliches. But sometimes cliches are the truest facts of life ...and, from time to time, it's good to be reminded of the obvious. So, without further ado... I am thankful for:

My sons.......................................Good conversation
My wife.........................................Restful sleep
My friends.....................................Books
Family..........................................Movies
Good neighbors.............................Music
Clean water...................................Fresh air
Healthy food..................................A walk in the woods

Spices..........................................Wind chimes
The beach.....................................The mountains
Cool sheets, warm blankets, deep sleep
The opportunity to express my creativity, opinions and concerns
A glass of milk with a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie

Potato chips, pizza and ice cream

I'll be back posting on Friday. Until then, enjoy your holiday!






No comments: