Tuesday, January 06, 2009


WHAT WE NEED IS MORE RUDE SIGNS, NOT LESS


When I lived in Seattle --and I know this is totally childish-- I used to giggle uncontrollably every time I passed the I-5 Freeway sign indicating the exit to Nooksack, WA. Inevitably I'd say something like, "I once got kicked in the nooksack. Man did that hurt." My buddy Jeff S would almost balways laugh. It's proof positive that dick and fart jokes never lose their potency for men.


Anyway, my drive from Vancouver BC to Seattle would have so much less fun had some idiot moralist decided that the Nooksack sign had to go because it might offend someone. What would the world be without Cracknuts Lane or Cockburn Road? (Ooo, that's gotta hurt!)


Let's hope that no one reads about this wee bit o' English madness and starts getting ideas.


.

.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may be pleased to know that the team named "Kicked in the Nooksck" has received Best Team Name in Ski-to-Sea 2 years consecutive years.