Wednesday, February 21, 2007

ALL WE ARE SAYING IS, GIVE FAILURE A CHANCE

“Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people
by the people for the people.”
-Oscar Wilde

Last summer I ran for city council here in Ann Arbor. Campaigning against 2 longtime, well-connected residents and spending the princely sum of $700, it was a longshot that I'd get elected. Indeed, I lost. But by only 150 votes. In the precincts where I campaigned, I had done surprisingly well. If I had had another 2-3 weeks I think I could have won the thing,


Since then I have become a vice chair in the city's Democratic party and a member of the cable commission. I've always been a bit of a political wonk and armchair quarterback, now, I'm in the game... albeit as a bench warmer.


Today's links are in celebration of my new found hobby, curse or calling... depending on whom you speak with. Unfortunately, there's nothing to really celebrate in these post, unless throwing up in your mouth is a cause to party.


  1. Bush to nominate anti-safety regulation lobbyist to head Consumer Product Safety Commission. Infant seats to now include saddle gas tanks.

  2. John McCain in less than 3 minutes.

  3. Fun Facts! Seven state constitutions require a belief in God in order to hold public office. Does the Flying Spaghetti Monster count?

  4. Michigan treasurer falls for nigerian scam.

  5. Heavy metal lunchboxes

  6. Bush Cuts Off Diplomatic Relations With Congress

  7. Another upstanding member of Congress.And when I say member, I mean dick.

  8. Lest you think all scumbag lobbyists are Republicans...

  9. Molly did not HEART Hillary. (RIP, we'll miss you, Molly)

  10. The real Joh McCain: here, and here. The real Rudy.

"This Sunday, February 11th, is a very important day in our nation’s history. It’s the one-year anniversary of Dick Cheney shooting an old man in the face... which could turn out to be the least damaging thing the Bush administration has done."


---Jimmy Kimmel


No comments: