Monday, August 04, 2008

For The Buffy Fans In The House

I'm one of those geeks who worships at the alter of Joss Whedon. In fact, my pipedream is to one day be a part of his writing team. Doesn't matter what the show is, I just wanna write for him.
And then we'll become best friends and cut our thumbs with my pen knife and do that blood oath/friends-for-life thing and when I die I'll leave some cryptic set of instructions that will send him on a totally crazy cross-country adventure, which he'll do to honor the memory of our friendship. Wacky things will ensue.

Anyway, the further adventures of Buffy The Vampire Slayer was briefly considered to become an animated cartoon. Which sounded pretty darned cool to me. And, of course, it didn't happen. Because Hollywood is a cruel and fickle mistress who gets it on with really annoying assholes who wear lotsa hair gel, have six pack abs and drive much nicer cars than me.

Anyway, here's a nifty sample of what could have been. The cast (minus Sarah Michellle Gellar) returns to provide vocals. The Buffy stand-in (voice-in) is surprisingly good. Enjoy!

No comments: